No Toolbar in Google Drive?
Have any of you been using Google Drive on an iPad? If so, most of you have probably had to use the desktop version in order to do things like add images and some formatting. One issue that was recently brought to my attention was the fact that the Desktop version of drive has a full screen option. With this full screen option comes a loss of the toolbar. Google will be kind enough to tell you “Push ‘esc’ key to exit full screen.” The problem? iPads do not have an esc key on the keyboard!
Here is a video showing how it’s done!
Step By Step Guide:
- Open Up Google Chrome on your computer and go to this link: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/user-agent-switcher-for-
- Click the install button and install the user agent switcher
- This will put an icon to the right of the URL bar that looks like this:
- Click the icon and choose iOS > iPad
- Log into the account that is having the trouble
- On the bottom left of the window you will see “Desktop View,” click that
- Now go ahead and create a document or open an existing one
- You will see that the toolbar is in fact GONE, just hit the esc key on the keyboard to bring it back
- Go back to the User Agent Switcher icon that was put next to the URL bar and choose Chrome > Default
- Log out of the account and you are good to go!