Embedding PDFs Directly into your Blog (Advanced Blogging)
Anyone that has been asking the question of “How do I get my newsletter to be displayed on my blog?” will be glad to know that it is very possible. It’s a little bit more technical as it requires some manipulation of HTML code, but don’t be discouraged! This is a way to make your blog look at lot prettier, but it REALLY doesn’t save time. Once you do this one time you can skip steps 7-14, but that still makes this a 20 step process that you will have to do EVERY time you post a newsletter. It is very easy to learn how it works by watching the video below, but as I said it’s not the fastest way to get things done.
For a video on exporting from Pages please view this blog article: Sharing Pages Files
Step by Step Directions are as follows:
- Open your Pages Newsletter
- Go to File in the menu bar and select “Export To…”
- Choose PDF and choose the image quality you want (A newsletter with lots of images should do highest)
- Choose you save location and save it, then Open a web browser
- Go to http://drive.google.com
- Sign in with your RSU1 email and password (if not already signed in)
- Click the Create button on the left and choose “Folder”
- Name the folder something along the lines of “Public Folder”
- Check the box / Select the folder
- Click the Share icon
- Click Advanced in the lower right of the window
- Click Change next to Private and change it to “Public on the web”
- Make sure that at the bottom of this window Access is set to “Can View”
- Click Save and then Done
- Now open the “Public Folder” and click the upload button in the left column.
- Select the PDF version of the newsletter from your save location
- Once uploaded go ahead and click the name of the PDF file.
- Click the “Pop Out” button at the top right of the window.
- Now click the three dots icon and select “Embed Item.”
- Highlight the code and copy it to your clipboard using Command+C or by clicking edit in the menu bar and clicking Copy
- Now switch over to you blog at http://www.blogger.com/home
- Choose the blog you want to post in and click:
- Once in the Compose window click the HTML button at the top left of the window.
- Now Paste the code in here using Command+V or click Edit in the Menu bar and select Paste
- To change the height of the PDF click where it says height=”xxx” and replace that with 820px. That size seems to work well.
- Click Compose next to the HTML button and click Publish to finish your blog post.