Changing Firefox’s Default Search Engine
As many have noticed there has been an update to Firefox (34.0.5) that changes your search engine to Yahoo!. For those of you that use Firefox, you may miss the Google search option. For just that I have you covered. Watch the video below or follow the step by step directions to change it. Enjoy!
1. Open up Firefox
2. Click Firefox in the menu bar at the top of the screen
3. Select Preferences
4. Click the Search Tab at the top of the window
5. Click the dropdown box and choose “Google”
6. At the bottom right of the window you will see “Add more search providers…”
7. Click that link and hover over “Google Default”
8. Click “+ Add to Firefox”
9. It will show a box that has a checkbox. Check the box and click the button that will add the search.
10. Close Firefox by clicking Firefox in the menu bar and choosing Quit Firefox. Or press Command + Q. Then reopen it.
11. Enjoy your Google-fied Firefox browser!