Clearing Cookies and Cache on Chromebook
Trying to get into IC? Does it not let you in or keeps kicking you out? Chances are clearing Cookies and Cache will solve your problems. I have created a video that demonstrates step by step how to clear both of them and get you logging in once again. I also have included some written directions below the video:
Step By Step
- Log in to your Chromebook
- Open your Google Chrome browser
- Click the 3 dots icon at the top right
- Choose Settings from the menu
- Scroll down to the bottom of settings
- Click “Show Advanced Settings”
- Under Privacy click the “Clear Browsing Data” button
- In the box that appears click the drop down menu and choose “the beginning of time”
- Check ONLY the Cookies and Cache checkboxes
- Click “Clear Browsing Data”
You should now be able to access the sites previously encountering problems. If this doesn’t work immediately try logging out of the Chromebook and back in again, and re-loading your site. If that doesn’t work try going back to the Clear Browsing Data box and try checking the “Hosted App Data” and “Media Licenses.” These steps will also work for Google Chrome on Mac and PC!
If you are still having trouble please email the helpdesk at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will soon be in contact.